How To Sell and Market Your Home In The Vancouver Real Estate Market
The Vancouver real estate market is changing, and so must Vancouver real estate agents. Ashley focuses marketing your home online. Through large networks of influence and years of experience in Online and Social Media Marketing, her goal is to make your home a ‘product’ available on the global market.
There is a general misconception in real estate regarding print advertising. Majority of home owners believe that marketing their home in print newspapers will help create leads that will result in the successful sale of their home.
Unfortunately this isn’t the case anymore; as technology has evolved so have consumers. Less than 1% of homes are successfully sold due to newspaper advertisements, while 42% of Buyers in 2012 purchased homes that they found online. The internet along with MLS is the most successful way to market and sell a home in today’s market.
How Do Buyers Look for Homes?
- 42% of buyers first learned about the home they already purchased on the Internet
- 34% first learned about the home from a Real Estate agent
- 10% from a yard sign
- 6% from a friend, neighbor or relative
- 5% from home builders
- 2% learned directly from the seller
- 1% from a print or newspaper advertisement
- <1% from another source
Marketing to Agents:
Online marketing efforts will give your property visibility to not only the public but more importantly to other Real Estate Agents. Real Estate Agents do their due diligence by researching homes for their clients online, not in the newspaper.
- 91% of those who used the Internet to find a home purchased it through a Real Estate agent
- 71% of non-Internet users purchased a home through a Real Estate agent
The Vancouver real estate market is no longer localized; it has transformed into a global market. To sell your home in the shortest amount of time for the best price possible you must create a product easily accessible worldwide.